Please click on the PDF files below to view them.
Aims at The Gleddings
At The Gleddings we recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of each child. We aim to provide a safe and caring environment for children to learn and to become as successful as possible (academically and socially). We emphasise thinking skills and we encourage good choices, both of which will ensure the wellbeing and safety of our pupils now and in the future. We will
- develop self discipline, self respect and confidence within The Gleddings unique “YOU CHOOSE” ethos.
- instil higher order thinking, knowledge, skills, independence and a positive attitude towards learning.
- maximise every learning opportunity to provide ALL children with equal access to a broad, balanced curriculum which caters for their individual needs and abilities.
- encourage children Think! to and to express themselves in a variety of ways.
- have the highest possible expectations of ourselves and our children.
- achieve high standards in work and behaviour.
- involve parents and the community in the life of the school to establish the closest of partnerships and honest and open dialogue.
- nurture the moral, social, spiritual, cultural, intellectual and physical development of each child.
- encourage harmonious relationships and tolerance of each other (regardless of class, creed, gender, colour or culture) within our DIFFERENT IS GOOD ethos.
- prepare children for adulthood, to become LIFE LONG LEARNERS.
- and responsible members of society.